Northwold Primary Governing Body
What do we do?
- Establish the aims and policies of the school
- Improve standards in education
- Ensure the effective planning and delivery of the curriculum
- Scrutinise and supervise the recommendations of the Headteacher
- Draw up the School Improvement Plan and monitor it
- Prepare and set the budget plan and monitor the school budget.
- Appointing the Headteacher
Who are we?
- Five parent governors (who are elected by parents, when vacancies arrive)
- Three Local Education Authority governors (nominated by the LEA)
- Three staff governors (the Headteacher, and one teaching staff member and one non-teaching staff member both elected by the staff)
- Three community governors (appointed by the governors from the local community)
|Ms Charlotte Haworth||Parent/Chair of Governors|
|Ms Anne Smith||Parent/Vice-Chair|
|Mr Mohamed Imran Mulla||Parent|
|Mrs Fatima Mulla||Parent|
|Ms Sarah Gaughan||LEA|
|Ms Helen Doran||LEA|
|Ms Alison Kriel||CEO of Amayatrust|
|Mr Linton Williams||Staff|
|Ms Surinder Kaur||Staff|
|Ms Serrantha Bhagwandas||Staff/Observer|
|Mrs Shelly-Ann Malabver-Goulbourne||Staff Headteacher|
Northwold Primary also has two governor committees: The Resources Committee and the Curriculum Committee each with about half the total GB membership. These meet at least once a term.
The Resources Committee deals with Finance, Personnel and Building matters and allocated policies. The Curriculum Committee deals with the Curriculum, setting attainment targets and reviewing children’s progress.
Please note that many issues should normally be raised with the school staff in the first instance, but if you are not sure how to proceed we will be pleased to advise and look forward to hearing from you.