Northwold is a unique, forward-thinking, innovative school with a global focus. Recognised as ‘Good’, by Ofsted, our school has made the journey from one of the lowest achieving in the country, to the highest performing school in Hackney; oversubscribed on pupil roll. We are members of the Mayor’s London Schools Gold Club and our continued, exceptional work with disadvantaged pupils has seen us presented with the National Pupil Premium Award. We are ranked within the top 5 performing schools in London and continue to strive for and pursue our vision; that all children will achieve their very possible best.
Northwold is a diverse, cultural hub in the borough of Hackney; our children represent over 30 different ethnicities and communicate in 35 languages. Culture, difference and distinction is celebrated and promoted; children and staff take pride in themselves and each other and as a result, school life is vibrant and unparalleled.
Joining the team:
At Northwold, we embrace the saying ‘it takes a whole village to raise a child’, our pupils achieve because of the connections and understanding between staff, parents and the wider community, all stakeholders are valued, appreciated and successful and we take care to promote outstanding relationships of care and support. We understand the needs of our staff and advocate a culture of well-being. We continually seek new opportunities for our team and innovative practice.
Known for our best practice, innovation and rapid improvement, you will be joining a team where success, learning and development is in our nature and leadership opportunities are prolific. The borough is a recognised provider of development opportunities and leading the way in the future educational agenda. This makes Hackney an exciting, dynamic and forthcoming place to work.
- The Amaya Trust: shared resources, best practice and new opportunities provided through our partner schools and businesses.
- Hackney Learning Trust: one to one coaching and training to aid transition through new roles, skill development, performance and strategic perspective in a modern, purpose built training centre.
- Self development: we use techniques to identify and address areas for improvement, our team consistently seek to further their skills.
At Northwold, our staff attendance is at 98% for a reason; our team is happy. A work-life balance is important and we endeavour to ensure that the well-being of all staff is fully supported.
Our offer to you:
- A personal mentor: when you first start with us, and as you progress through your career, you will receive support, guidance and advice. Our team is continuously seeking improvement, with a focus on ensuring that ‘every minute counts’.
- Time out: We think it is important for teachers to access non-contact time, bringing balance to learning and teaching.
- Opportunity: our status as a gold club school and membership of the Amaya Trust brings with it access to inspiring conferences and training to stir your curiosity.
- Zen: we run a mindfulness programme for all staff through Breathing Space. The meditation promotes: calm, clarity, kindness, awareness, resilience and well-being. You’ll feel relaxed, with improved concentration, efficiency and empathy.
- Space: Whether you are relaxing in the Japanese Garden, our beautiful staff room, or your dedicated working area, we’ll ensure you are healthy and happy with the space to plan, catch up and relax.
- Gym membership: we’ll give you access to our fitness facilities, free of charge.
Hackney is a desirable, up and coming location popular amongst young professionals and families alike. The diversity, activities and proximity to all that London has to offer makes the borough a well-sought after area to work and live.
What is out there:
- The great outdoors: with over 58 parks and gardens including Victoria Park, the Lee Valley Conservation area and Regents Canal, there are plenty of places to relax and enjoy the green space.
- Sports: The wide range of clubs and leisure centres available provide opportunities for both competitive and social athletes. Whilst the close proximity to Tottenham and Arsenal football clubs and the Olympic Park means sports fans are kept satisfied.
- Leisure: Westfields shopping centre is just around the corner for high street brands, whilst if you prefer vintage and pop-ups check out Dalston and Broadway Market. For a laid back Sunday, Stoke Newington is perfect for a village stroll.
- Arts and Culture: within a diverse community where more than 120 languages are spoken there are plenty of cultural events throughout the year, Hoxton and Shoreditch boast delicious worldwide cuisines, art galleries and museums. Dalston Square is a popular entertainment destination year-round.
- Nightlife: Hackney is popular amongst young professionals for the extensive, varied social, music, dining, bar and clubbing scenes. The borough also boasts the Rio Cinema, one of the city’s only independent, community run establishments.